The number one question I get as a food blogger is what is my go-to quick weeknight meal. Well, it doesn’t get simpler than this. The tzatziki is non-negotiable and you can make it the night before to prep.
If you like this dish, you will love my EASY CHICKEN GYROS that are baked in a loaf pan. I use chicken thighs in that dish and it takes about an hour to cook but the end product is worth it.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Easy Skillet Chicken Gyros
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 pitas, warmed
- In a large bowl, mix the ollive oil, lemon juice, zest, garlic, paprika, onion powder, dried oregano, salt and pepper. Add the small chicken chunks to the marinate and toss to coat. Cover and store in fridge while you prep your toppings.
- Remove the chicken and transfer to a hot skillet. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until cooked through (time varies with size of pieces).
- When assembling/layering the toppings on the pita, make sure you season the tomato an onions with ADDITIONAL salt and pepper.