Please make this delicious salad for your next party, you won’t regret it. The ingredients and dressing are addictive together. But don’t forget to allow time for the dressing to soften up the broccoli. Very Important for that sauce to break down the broccoli.
The ingredients are straight forward in this recipe. You’ve got your 3 crowns of broccoli that need the stems removed and then sliced into small bite sized florets. The bacon needs to be cut up into small pieces and cooked until crispy. This adds a lot of flavor! The pomegranate can be easily substituted with dried cranberries, raisins or chopped up dates.
The dressing is the best part of this dish and its beyond simple to make, with some mayo, Greek yogurt (or sour cream), white wine vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. If you want this salad to taste off the charts amazing, just make it and let it sit in the fridge for 2 hours. This time lets the sauce break down the broccoli and makes it less chewy.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you make this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Creamy Broccoli Salad
- 2/3 cup mayo
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1-2 tbs white wine vinegar
- 3 tbs sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 crowns broccoli, cut into small florets
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 pomegranate*
- 1 small red onion, fine chop
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- Whisk everything together until smooth. Taste and adjust if necessary.
- Special Note: This salad tastes best when it sits in the dressing for at least an hour – at 2 hours it was perfect.
- Slice your broccoli into very small, bite-sized florets.
- Cook your diced bacon in a pan until crispy and then transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Peel and remove the pomegranate seeds. You can also use dried cranberries, raisins or chopped dates instead.
- Add all of your salad ingredients, EXCEPT THE SEEDS, to a large bowl and toss with the dressing. Place in your fridge for at least 1 hour – tastes best at the 2 hour mark. Add the seeds and toss again before serving.