By request, I make this every year for Thanksgiving. It truly is an unforgettable salad. Everyone in the family gobbles it up. The dressing really does coat every little piece of this glorious, aesthetically pleasing salad. If you’ve never micro chopped your salad, you don’t know what you’re missing. It may take a few extra minutes but it is definitely worth it! The other beauty of this salad is that you can literally use any ingredients you have. Nuts would also be great in here.
The two things that make this salad so very epic are: (1) the BACON and (2) the DRESSING. It’s no secret bacon brings the flavor every time. Don’t get me wrong, this salad would still be bomb without the bacon. But one hundred percent, the factors that take this to next level status, are the meat and the sauce. SO delicious.
The dressing is comprised of quite a few ingredients but you most definitely already have them in your kitchen. Also, they all come together to form a sauce that will make you feel goddess like. Of course, I always recommend tasting your dressing or sauces to make sure the seasonings and consistency is to your preference. If you need to, add 1 more tablespoon of olive oil.
Micro Chop Salad with Goddess Dressing
- 8 strips bacon, cooked + diced
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 cup frozen corn, warmed through
- 1/4 head red cabbage, shredded +chop
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tbs chili pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1-2 tbs yellow mustard
- 2 tbs maple syrup (or honey)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbs fresh chives, chopped
- Whisk together all of the ingredients until smooth – will take a minute or two. Taste and adjust the mustard, salt, pepper and oil (if necessary).