Caesar salads are my absolute favorite but that dressing can get complicated. I don’t always have anchovies lying around. This recipe is a savior when you need to get dinner on the table in a hot minute. Cleary one can do the extra few steps and make a regular Caesar salad but why not have this little gem handy when you’re hungry and in a pinch for time?
The simplicity is what makes this dish so great. Don’t forget to season your chicken pieces once you’ve chopped them up. You can sub in any protein you want for this salad, like chickpeas, quinoa, steak, salmon, tofu, whatever works for you.
The dressing is also all on you. If you like it really lemony, add more! I held back on it and added some honey to offset the tang. I tend to lean in that direction overall with my recipes. But if you prefer more tang, get IT! I alway always suggest tasting your dressing and adjusting as you go with the sweet, salt, etc.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Lazy Chicken Caesar Salad
- 1 whole rotiserrie chicken, pulled apart
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 romaine hearts, chopped + washed
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 4 oz croutons
- Whisk together ingredients until smooth. Taste adjust to your preference.
- Pull apart the meat off the chicken and chop into small peices where necessary. Season it with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss all with dressing and enjoy. I add ed more black pepper, parmesan cheese and olive oil to garnish.