This is amazing and creamy without using any dairy or heavy cream. We love the smooth consistency of the end product where in the potato starch contributes to the consistency as well as the chicken broth and pasta cooking all in the same pan together.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
One Pan Veggie Chicken Spaghetti
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into small strips
- onion powder, garlic powder, salt to taste
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 10 oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 oz baby spinach
- 8 oz spaghetti, uncooked
- 6-7 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Garnish: Grated parmesan + fresh basil
- In a small pot, just warm your chicken broth (don't boil).
- Season your chicken strips with garlic powder, onion powder + salt generously. Toss them with the potato starch to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat your olive oil on medium high. Add in the chicken and cook to brown slightly – 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic till fragrant. Reduce the heat and add in the wine and cook for 1 minute. Next add in the tomatoes and spinach. Mix everything to JUST wilt the spinach for a 1-2 minutes.
- Place the spaghetti on top of everything, spread out, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and add 4 cups of the broth (or enough to just cover the spaghetti). Cover the pan, allow it to boil and reduce heat to a simmer for 2 minutes. Remove the lid and stir everything together. Add 1 cup broth when you see that its been absorbed by the spaghetti. Repeat until the pasta is cooked al dente.