Please make sure you get on this Taco Tuesday thing and make this simple yummy dinner for yourself and your loved ones. There are a few components to this recipe but at the same time, they are all easy to make. There is the tang and crunch from the slaw, the creaminess from the crema and the spiciness from the avocado mash. You can make this dairy free by leaving out the cotija cheese, but I advise against that move. Definitely go for doubling up some corn tortillas if you want to make this a gluten free meal.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this dish or any other from our site, we would greatly appreciate you taking the time to comment and rate the recipe! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Spicy Shrimp Tacos
- 1/2 head green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/2 large cucumber
- 3 tbs cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
Spicy Avocado Mash:
- 3 avocados
- 2 tsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt to taste
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1-2 limes, juiced
- 1 tsp sugar
- Leave the skin on your cucumber and slice it in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds and then slice it thin.
- MIx everything in a large bowl and place in your fridge while you prepare everything else.
- Mix everything and taste to adjust heat or salt.
- Whisk together the ingredients.
- Pat your shrimp dry with paper towel. Season with spices and toss to coat. Heat the oil in a large skillet and cook the shrimp for about 2 minutes per side.