I love this recipe – I could eat it day and night and we are baking them so there is zero fry guilt. If I have eggplant or zucchini lying around I utilize this recipe. And you must commit to the corn starch step.. it is what makes them super crunchy. I actually use TAPIOCA FLOUR. But labeled in the video cornstarch since it is more mainstream. FYI they are interchangeable. You can also use arrowroot powder as well.
Thank you for swinging by Hungry Happens! If you create this recipe or any other from our site, please take the time to comment and rate the dish! LOVE YOUR LIFE!
Baked Crispy Eggplant Fries
- Preheat your oven to 450° F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle your eggplant wedges with salt and let sit for 10 minutes. They will “sweat.” Pat dry with paper towel absorbing all.
- In a large ziploc bag, whisk together the tapioca flour and 1/2 tsp salt.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the breadcrumb, Parmesan, parsley flakes & 3/4 tsp salt. In a separate shallow bowl, lightly beat the eggs.
- Add a bunch of eggplant pieces to the ziploc bag. Dust off any excess with your fingers. Then dredge in the egg, allowing excess to drip off. Lastly dredge in the breadcrumb mixture. Repeat until all wedges are coated. Place them on your baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until just golden.