You are going to love these easy to make cabbage steaks. Seasoned just right, they will make the perfect side dish to your fish, chicken or actual steak! Don’t be shy with the garlic powder, onion powder and salt. The buffalo sauce will provide you with the heat.
These cabbage steaks are great to cook on the grill or roast in your oven. Slice them a thin 1 inch (not too thin and not too thick). Once the edges look charred and it’s time to take them out and devour!
Buffalo Cabbage Steaks
- 1 small head cabbage
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- salt + pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stem and peel outer layer of your cabbage. Slice it into 1 inch thick slices. Transfer them to baking sheet.
- Generously drizzle BOTH sides of the steaks with olive oil and brush to coat. Season BOTH sides generously with garlic powder, onion powder, salt + pepper to taste.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of the buffalo sauce to each piece and brush to coat.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes or until golden and crisping.